Saturday, April 30, 2011

Reading with the Razorbacks..& MoRe!

 Addison was away fishing a few weekends ago, so I filled the weekend with FUN for Turner (& me). My mom and I noticed in the paper they were having Read with the Razorbacks at the library..yeah..Touch-a-Truck...Spinach festival...Red/White Game...Razorback kid day..was going on..BUT I just KNEW all Turner wanted to do was go to the library to read with some sports people and then head up to the Farmer's Market for Earth Day fun! :).. Above is Karen and Jevin. Karen is aka SuperMom..I was stunned when in the car I texted her  just telling her (I know short notice).. this is going on..not even 15 minutes later they are strolling in and she lives in Johnson!
Look, Momma..._______________I can't even give you a big name from U of A sports because I truly don't know one that's playing right now...so you can just fill in the blank with your favorite player. They probably were there..but I wouldn't know.  
They gave us a free book and we had all the 'sports' boys and girls autograph it. I would ask them, "What do you play?" and Then I would tell them all the fun things Turner likes to do..and then Tman would give them a high five. It was very sweet for the college kids to give up a Saturday morning to come read & listen to a mom like me. I know you can't see it..but I even wore my 'book' shirt. Yep...I'm the cool mom.





 I forgot some pictures. Above was after the library we went to the Farmer's Market to celebrate Earth Day. Right when we got to these musicians they played 'You Are My Sunshine!' On of our favorite songs!

This is Scotty Thurman. He is LEGEND as I've been told to U of A Basketball. The Wiggles book we own now is very special because he signed it! Tman has his game face on.

Listening to the stories.
Turner had so much fun giving everyone high fives...talking about how he wants to be a baseball player when he gets older...and listening to the stories. He and Jevin are 2 weeks apart, so they are pretty much on the same page and love chillin' together. Jevin has the cutest little wave that he showed me that day!
Turner also crawled all over children he did not know..almost knocked Jevin in the head with a puzzle piece from chunking behind his back...sneezed on another child ..which I wanted to die. We left at that point...oh and tried to sift through a woman's purse. He really was 'into' things at the library. He just feels like it's his home away from home.

& now the MoRe!
We had Eat.Play at our house this time. I love this Friday night once a month to simply hang with friends ..eat and be merry! Jenny & Hayden attend as well, but I didn't really settle and remember to take pictures until the end of the night!






 It's simple. I love Saturdays more than I ever knew I would. Even today when I was up at 545 with a wailing Turner (bad teething)...I love every minute. I love us spending time as a family since the work week is just crazy.
He loves his little snack cups! He is so cute sticking his hand in there and munch..munch.. His favorite are cheerios and banana puffs. He has started loving feeding others. This morning Addison got a mouthful of cheerios courtesy of Tman. He also has this little dish on his musical chair that he stores the cheerios..really..we now find Cheerios everywhere. He's also gone from placing one at a time in his mouth..to let's see how many I can cram at once. That's fun.
 He's moving and shaking but still not walking. He took two steps between us on this day as we were playing.
 He takes his Radio flyer all over the house. He will do this until he just wears himself out!
 Loves placing the radio flyer RIGHT in front of PoPo's food/water bowl..it's as if he knows. He then happily strolls back to the living room with the look of pride!
 He loves pushing his musical piano around like his wagon. Musical genius on the go!

 Yeah..no makeup..the look of tired in my eyes..BUT it's Saturday and I love it!
 Lazy Saturdays at its best for the whole family!
Kick your legs up..play a little music..and chill as a family while chomping on Cheerios--that's the perfect world!
(My FAVORITE picture!)


No comments:

Post a Comment