Sunday, April 3, 2011

Turner Time=Party Time!

He had so much fun on his real birthday! The entire day was dedicated to Tman. I took the entire day off because I felt like it was needed since it was his 1st birthday! :) My mom was so nice and came over to hang with Turner while Addison and I ran last minute errands for his big day. Natalie was over quickly to spend as much time with the birthday boy! We all just had fun with him during the day and getting ready for his party that night!

We did the usual...

 Woke up and started our day :)
 Grandmama had a special ABC outfit for him to wear since she knew I wouldn't let him wear that on his ABC birthday.
 I needed a baby doll for work, so Mom brought me one. Turner had so much fun playing with it! I will have to go buy him one because he didn't get one for his birthday! :) :)
 He is so excited of what he sees, he jumped up and.......
 saw Grandmama dressed like a clown wishing him Happy Birthday!
 Gmama didn't want to make him cry, so she was a very subtle clown. He loved it!
 Gmama even dressed PoPo up for the fun!
 We are just 'clownin' around!
 THE CAKE...he sees it..reached for it..so I was thinking he would for sure LOVE IT!...
 The guest begin to arrive so the fun begins!





 Grandmama and Shugie celebrating his big day!
 Cake Time...He waits patiently for the cake and candle.
 We all start singing the traditional Happy Birthday song....so far so good..I started tearing up because I couldn't believe he was turning ONE..and then..
 No more fun...he doesn't want to turn one. Bawled...bawled..and even blew a snot bubble. Hated his cake...would not touch his cake...scared of the cake..
 still not having any of it.
 Wanted it out of his way...
 That's it and most of those markings are from adults. I got icing up my nose and in my hair trying to get him to enjoy it.
 We then decided to distract him by partying some more!
 Jackson tried to help and get the birthday boy to smile.
 Shugie tried to help by showing how yummy cake was! Everyone was very, very quiet because we all were anticipating his every move...
 Turner Dean won....  Turner one..Cake none...
So! If Turner won't eat cake, the rest of the family will! Dannis was our lovely cake cutter and did a wonderful job!
 We then moved on to presents!


 Jackson  helped us open presents since Turner wouldn't sit for too long. Jackson was so cute and fun!


 Uncle Caul and Aunt Lydia paryting it up with fun party hats!
 Shugie and Dannis watching Turner ripping into his gifts!
 Uncle Aaron showing Jackson how to play ball!
 The partying fools!



 (The above picture was not 'posed' this was how they were standing--such an Olan Mills family shot!)


 He had so much fun at his family party! The next morning he played and played and played with all his new toys. Like I've said many times this year, we are truly blessed with amazing family!


Favorite picture of the day!:
 My sweet friend from work did this for Turner.
He rocked it out on his first big day! Thank you all for his wonderful presents and joining in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment