Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Planning since March 30, 2010

As many know, I love planning parties. If I could make money doing it, I would in a heartbeat! I'll just show the planning in pictures! I sent a Smilebox to all family using pictures of Turner throughout the year while 'My Wish' by Rascall Flatts played in the background for his family party on March 30th. It was such a wonderful song and I never thought of it as a perspective for a child's birthday! Loved it! The family party was an Owl theme.We then had his friend party on Saturday, April 2nd where the theme was ABC/Reading. Throughout the year I have documented his life with a daily memory book and once a month collage of my top 20 favorite pictures. I am on month three of his scrapbook, so could not show that- life got in the way:). I made a video/picture each month of him in his chair. We sang Happy Birthday and discussed his favorites from that month. I then compiled the night of his birth with the whole family at the hospital and each monthly video along with a few favorite videos between. This was what took up most of my spring break..a lot of work but I was so happy with it! It's not complete though because I forgot a few great videos...so..another time..another time... My brother, Jeff, was so kind and made a movie of pictures of his first year! I am watching it tonight and can't wait!  Needless to say, I have been capturing every moment and love doing it. Yes, it's work, but I think it's my 'therapy' of knowing how fast this year has flown, but I have captured it! I loved planning his party and simply doing things for Turner that he will look back upon and appreciate..hopefully :).



 (Being a stinker and won't flip)



 Had a pull the string pinata. It was filled with sweat bands, raisins, fruit snacks, yoyos..you know? The usual.
 I threw this together last minute of his top fives..Favorite books, music, shows, activities, toys, and food.


 (I mean...you need three shirts for turning ONE..:)
 I know I'm a dork, but HAD to wear my ABC apron for his party! (I didn't get a picture, BUT I also labeled all the food with the letter it started with. My favorite was ABC (Apples, Blueberries, Caramel!) We also had ABC pasta!
 (ABC cookies in the bowl!)







 Practiced for awhile on him holding up one!


 My friend/librarian from work, Sarah, came as our storytime teller. I was so happy with all she did! I am forever grateful! She said she had a blast & the kids loved her!
 The bucket of fun were their party favors. We also are doing a lot of awareness of water conservation at school and helping people get clean water. This is an organization our pod is donating to, and in honor of Turner's friends and family we donated for two families to have drinking water for a year. Great organization!
 With Turner loving Cheerios and books, we donated to this charity, First Book, Cheerios promotes to get books in the hands of children in need.

I loved all we did for Turner's first year! He seemed to appreciate it all! :)
Now on to the PARTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment