Sunday, April 10, 2011

It's as Easy as ABC..


It's My Birthday Party!!
 I can't wait for my friends and family to show up to PAAARRRTTTYY! He may not get crazy with icing..but he gets crazy with some Cheerios!

 The guest begin to arrive! His favorite people!!
 His cousins are ready for the party!
 Jevin and Momma Karen arrive! They are about two weeks apart. Jevin is a St. Patrick's Day baby!
 Debbie is on baby watch with Ava.
 The party begins. Mrs. Sarah starts off the party with a read aloud! She was trying to get the guest to pay attention and go into the playroom.
 All the kids gather ready to hear great stories. This is where I am curious on how it goes. (I told Marcy..I bought a pinata' in case the whole storytime doesn't go over with the kids:) Always need a back up with a party-especially with the age range of birth-5 years old.
The kids loved it! They listened to the story..Turner loves listening to stories, so I was so happy that he was just loving every minute. It was so fun to look around at all his friends just playing and listening, too.
 She read Happy Birthday to You by Dr. Seuss!
 It was an interactive book, so she had the kids take turns moving the objects on the page. Ava and Kinley taking their turn.
 The girls watching every move.
 She then read a book about a Frog who starts a marching band! She handed out paper sax before she read the story. While she was reading, we passed out musical intstruments to all the kids. They just jammed out to the story!
  Mrs. Sarah did a great job on keeping the kids engaged!

 Turner saying hello to his friends!
 Then it was outside time.
This is where we were having food, cupcakes, and the pinata. I knew it was going to be a beautiful day and the kids would love to be outside, so I had them outside eating and playing...I didn't think they would go off the porch though--didn't have time to proof all of that for kiddos yet. That's our next project at the Seifritz household.  :) Ha!.
I didn't even realize the swing would be such a hit, but it was! I didn't even notice how many kids took turns swinging on it until I looked back at the pictures. The 'unstructured' fun was great. The kids seemed to be having fun while I was sweating and getting nervous because everyone knows how I am about structure. I mean, I had an outline of how I wanted the party to flow that I gave Sarah before the party..being a teacher herself she loved it! It made me sane planning the party and it all fell into place!
 Turner has such fun friends!

 Enjoying their snacks!

 All the kids eating while Mrs. Sarah hangs out with them all.
 Turner was inside most of this time getting passed around.
 Hayden and Logan enjoying the outside while eating


I love these boys!
I am borrowing them when we start our planning for the backyard to see what all we need to do to make it safe and fun for Turner. I know their parents love us and won't mind :)
 Enjoying the outside with who knows what in the yard! 

 We had kids all over playing in all the rooms. I loved it!
 Cupcake time!! I loved the kids reaction because at all the other birthday parties..we sing happy birthday..let the birthday kid get their cake..and then the kids eat their own..not at the Seifritz birthday parties! I had a new plan for party 2 in order for Turner to stay happy. This is Ryan telling the kids to wait until we sing Happy Birthday..so sweet, but I then told them we are doing things a little opposite..the kids can start getting their cake and ice cream..we will then sing Happy Birthday.
 Picking out their cupcake.
(I whispered in the parents' ears to give me back the cake toppers..Scrapbooking:)
 Shugie serving the ice cream!

 Time to sing Happy Birthday!! I decided this go around I would hold Turner..no candle...and then see what he does. He just listened to all his friends sing Happy Birthday...
 But still no luck with eating the cupcake...
 Wanted Momma to eat it..so I got more then Turner
 Love these next two pictures. Out of anyone, I am probably the last person to have anything that is messy for kids. When I ordered the cupcakes I needed them to match my cupcake toppers of course, so I said the primary colors. It was all about looking cute! :)
I didn't think about the struggle and mess parents would have with the cupcakes! Please send me the dry cleaning bill... I know you all love me :).

 He's having too much fun at his own party if you ask me!

 Campbell is enjoying the sunshine with Moppy. Moppy LOVES babies and will help in any way to make it fun for them!
Ms. Anna below is precious! She was born on my birthday, May 29th.
 Boyfriend and girlfriend enjoying their cake!
 Turner would eat the cake part but wanted nothing to do with the icing. It was not an exciting 1st eating of the cake moment. I told Ms. Campbell she's going to have to show Turner how it's done at her party!
 Pinata time!!! My nieces had this type of pinata at all their parties, so I thought it would be fun for the older kids. You just pull the string. I stuffed it with yoyo, kaleidoscopes, raisins, fruit snacks, sweatbands (my favorite!), and anything else that wasn't candy! :)
 The kids were so cute on pulling one string at a time..and they did such a good job with it! I was nervous that it was going to be like the 2nd string and not every kid would get a turn and then feelings would be hurt, but luckily everyone got a turn or two!


 And then the whole thing fell ... I think I had it too heavy, but luckily I have some tall friends since hubby Addison would not be the best to hold it up! Ryan was so nice to hold it up while Turner pulled on that last string to make all the fun goodies fall out.
 Getting all their goodies!
 Uncle Aaron having just as much fun as the kids!
 Time for storytime! This is where the kids could get their Bucket of Fun, play, and put all their goodies from the Pinata in it. The kids listened to Are You a Horse? It's about a boy who got a saddle for his birthday, but didn't know what a horse was. Perfect for today!  I wish we had a video of the 1st storytime and the 2nd one..because the kids acted different both times--sugar kicking in the second go round!

 Playing her musical instrument from her bucket
 Mrs. Sarah handing out stickers to all the kids. They were so cute!
 Ava picking out her sticker.
 After the story, Mrs. Sarah got the kids to take pictures behind the cowboy! I LOVE these and so glad the kids took these pics!
 LOVE Chaz!
I know..I know..blue icing..sorry Marcy, BFF! :)

 Turner taking his turn!
 Kaitlyn in close second after Turner!
 Anna being a perfect cowgirl!
 Present time! The girls helped along with Jackson. Turner opened some :).
 He was jamming out for his audience instead!
 Like Mother, Like Son

My friend, Katey and Blake, stopped by later that day. It was so sweet and Blake was so cute! He loved the cowboy. When I gave him his bucket of fun, he had a Toy Story tamborine and his mouth dropped open and got so excited. Loved it! He was super excited about giving Turner his gift as well.

One Hour and thirty minutes later....
 1st Birthday a success!
I was super excited that Turner had a blast at his party! My family was saying how impressed they were with having so many kids in one spot and how fun they all had and no crying took place! I told them Turner had amazing friends and loved spending his special day with them! Thank you all for making this day special not only for Turner, but his mum and daddy! We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends & family!
Thank you to Mrs. Sarah for making it all a hit for the kids! I was so nervous having such an age range of kiddos, being at the house, and she made it perfect for them! Love her! (She said this just might be her new 'gig' if you all are looking for someone for your next party-ha!:)
 It's as easy as ABC...
 THANK YOU FOR CELEBRATING MY 1ST BIRTHDAY WITH ME!
(His untouched cake...2nd one..)
This is what he looked like when he woke up from his nap. He was sad all his friends left and there was no more party..too funny!

NOW he wants his cake!
Happy 1st Birthday Tman!

(Thank you to Aunt Natalie,  Aunt Dannis & Shugie for taking pictures throughout the party.)

No comments:

Post a Comment