Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter 2011 had some 'Fluff'

 Easter morning a year ago!! Turner was only 5 days old...so taking a little trip down memory lane!
After we opened his goodies, we all snuggled in bed! For obvious reasons, there was no attempt on getting ready for church on this day.
 Dreaming of Peeps....

Now jumping to Easter 2011!!

Easter morning was fun! He loved shaking the eggs...

 Shaking the eggs....
 and..shaking the eggs....
 and then we went on to decorating them!
 I wrote our names on the eggs. With that white crayon it's hard to see...so Turner's first Easter egg came out Tumer...so I had to do a second one for him. I wrote Mum on mine and then Addison outdid me by writing Daddy loves Tman! We even had one for PoPo and Jesus. It was fun and Turner SO BADLY wanted to touch the dye..maybe next year :).
We used pretty much everything from last year...we are all about reusing things because he doesn't realize it..who am I kidding..we will do that even when he does realize it!
 
 PoPO even got a basket
 Off to church! We were only 15 minutes late this time. We made it in time for children's church. Turner gripped me like I was going to leave him with the church choir. He pretty much watched the cute little blonde boy bouncing up next to me like he had a few too many peeps that morning. It kept Tman entertained at least.  I wish I could say I really got a lot out of the Easter message..but I was in the nursery with Turner. A little boy in the nursery (after he paused from his 10 minutes of playing 'where's the sticker' on his new frog with me) looked at Turner..stared at him with this confused look..and then back at me. It followed with a scrunched up nose.."Why is he wearing a tie?!" I explained you want to look your best for Easter dress. Turner was praying that he wouldn't be left in the nursery alone..


 We then went to my mom and dad's for Easter lunch. Turner loved my must have, 'Fluff'. Fluff is this green stuff that my mom loves to make for me :). I hope to pass on these wonderful motherly gestures to Turner and him wanting fluff. It's green..it has pineapple..it takes no time to make..it's yummy!


 We then had our 1st annual Easter Egg hunt, decorating contest, and strawberry shortcake extravaganza at our house with the big family! It was fun. We had prizes for certain eggs, egg decorating with a cash prize, and yummy shortcake. I even made homemade whip cream!
 Aunt Natalie got him a cute basket filled with goodies and some silly string!
 This was Addison and Aaron's Easter outfit when they were babies. Turner looked adorable in it! Shugie handmade it and I love this picture!
Snotty nose watch...along with Easter egg hunts, we were constantly on the hunt for a kleenex to wipe Tman's nose. He has many teeth coming in and allergies = snotty nose. Uncle Aaron going above and beyond on Uncle duties!

Let the HUNT begin!

 Turner we are going to win! Find those eggs! ...well by the third one, Mum was tired..Turner didn't care..so he got a total of four eggs on his first hunt! Aunt Natalie won the $10.00 gift card to Chick-Fil-A!
 Shugie bought Tman this cute bunny rock for outside, but since it was raining,  it was inside and he found the little green egg.

 It was down to the three eggs here...I bet you can guess which one won. Yep! The I love Turner..not only did it say that, it was duel colored. Well done, Dannis! Dannis won $5.00 for this. I bet many will step up their game next year. Grandmama was runner up and Uncle Beej was 3rd place with 'Boooyah!' written on it..such a festive Easter word.
 Turner couldn't decide which egg he wanted!

 That's all the fun for one Easter! He probably had the most sugar to date on this day. Shugie made her famous 'shugie' cookies. Turner loved them and ate quite a few..Mommy loved them, too. He then thought it would be funny to crack open a plastic egg and shove about 8 jelly beans in his mouth while mommy and daddy were sitting right there just talking away. I look down and see all these colorful juices pouring from his mouth...the trail of jelly beans..and the cracked egg...and puff cheeks. I squeeze the cheeks and scoop out the jelly goo..Tman was not really happy with Mum at that moment..he was loving the sugary goodness. Mum then had the whole house egg free in about .5 seconds!
 This little man had a wonderful Easter and loved spending it with family.
Easter 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment