Monday, May 24, 2010

What do we do now, Momma?

I can see the look Turner gives me whenever we get into certain situations. I will have to try and capture it on camera because when I'm letting out a heavy sigh, he is making me smile with the 'What do we do now, Momma' look. I've seen it several times.

Pictures this...
Finally finished feeding him 50 minutes later and got him in the car seat ready to roll! We actually needed to get out because Addison was going to buy our king size bed today and we needed sheets for it. This was our first trip to a store where I had to use the stroller. He was all smiles and I knew he was going to take a nap as we drove to Kohl's. Backed up and looked down. I of course still had on my house slippers...(about the third time I've done this..there will be a time I don't see this and end up at our desitination in them)...so back up to the house we go! Back on the road and as we approach Kohl's Turner starts crying. I know this cry. It's the poopy diaper cry. I then have to start analyzing this new situation. Do I change him in the car? Do I go into Kohl's and change him? I finally decided to change him in the car. Right when we pull into the parking lot I realize I forgot my wallet...quick fix! Addison is at Lowe's so I ask him to come over to Kohl's after he is done to buy our stupid sheets. There is no turning back now! I then get out in the blistering sun, get the stroller out, and pack the bottom with diaper bag and purse. I then start to get him out and of course..why wouldn't there be poop all over my arm. Yes. The diaper leaked poop. I then stand there in the parking lot again trying to think what to do. It's hot, he's poopy, and I'm not sure what to do. That's when I get 'the look' from my son. I look at him and tell him I'm so sorry Turner, but we are just going to go home. Enough of this, so back in the car seat Turner goes, stroller back in the back, and Momma in the front getting home to change the poopy baby. I know anyone who was in the parking lot watching this saw the, 'Yes. I'm a new mom and going to try this trip again tomorrow' sign across my forehead.
We got home and he did manage to fall asleep for 5 minutes on the way home. I cleaned him up and he's beside himself because he's so tired (has not had a nap since 730 this morning) -- I'm feeling sorry for the little guy because I know how tired he is. I rock him and as he is bawling, he stops and give me the biggest smile. I laugh and tell him we will survive that trip to Kohl's one day Mr. T. I love that little guy!
...He's now asleep peacefully in his bouncy...



1 comment:

  1. You are cracking me up! P.S. I always change (d)my kids in the car. So much easier and cleaner. I think you are too cute!

    ReplyDelete