Sunday, May 8, 2011

Love the Way You...

Turner is growing and growing into his Turner personality more and more each day! This blog is dedicated to what he L*O*V*E*S!

His Momma!

...Well that's it for today! :)

I am for sure he would say I'm on the top of his list, but this boy loves many other things!

Starting his day he loves....

  • Drinking his milk and scooping cheerios out of his bowl.
  • Walking with his wagon before I've even poured my 1st cup of coffee.
  • Stealing some of my breakfast..banana..cereal..or yogurt before I leave for the day.
  • Sloppy open mouth kisses that doesn't only leave a mark on your face, but makes a mark on your heart for the rest of the day! 
  • Feeding himself. We have to trick him by giving him a spoon and in between his 'bites' we shovel in a good spoonful of food!
  • Helping me get ready in the morning by throwing all my lotions in the big bathtub.
  • Sneaking into our room thinking we don't see him to just play.
  • Chucking toys behind his back.
  • Chucking his milk..spoon...bowl..washcloth..food...onto the floor...ok chunking anything.
  • Watching Momma pick it up with stern 'Nos' in hopes tomorrow he will quit doing that. :)
  • Placing his hand in the lotion and then rubbing it on his belly.
  • Watching Grandmama walk through that door ready to feed him his oatmeal! He has a special sound he makes each time she walks in and even Addison confirmed this week he has formed some sort of sound/word for Grandmama.
  • Crying every time I put him down. He does his dramatic flop to the floor..peeks with his eyes to see if I'm watching..rolls around some more..and then sniffles, gets up, and begins to play.
  • Singing and dancing to any music around him. His little wiggle he does with his bottom and swoops with his hands are just precious!
  • Reading his books in one swift motion.
  • Talking and talking about his day.
  • Finger pointing. He concentrates real hard...points out with a finger...zones in..and then 'touch'-that's it but so fun to watch!
  • Being outside. This boy loves being outside, which doesn't surprise any of us knowing genes on both sides. He cries so hard every time we bring him back in. He'll stare out the window, bang on the window and scream like he's captivated and wants out!
  • Staring at people. He will whip that head around very quickly just to stare at someone. He won't blink. He won't move. He zones in and stares until we distract him.
  • Eating. Grandmama gets the gold star on how much she can feed him. She lets him feed himself and he loves it, but it's messy. He will eat anything.
  • Eating what everyone else has. He gets this crazy look in his eye when we are eating and he doesn't have what we have. He's very strong by the way and why I've lost so much weight is because he either eats it or he's moved on to something else, so I'm moving on with him!
  • Spending Mondays with his Aunt Natalie. I can't begin to tell her how much I appreciate her offering to do this his first year & Tman loves every minute!
  • Playing in water. He's always loved baths and time with daddy, but he drinks lots of water..he has loved to spit a lot of it out all over his shirt. He loves to dip his hand in my ice cold water and feel around for the ice. Big smiles when I let him do this. I can't wait for pool fun..which I hope he likes to play in that as well-we will see!
  • Wearing hats! He will keep it on too except in the car.
  • Being like his daddy. He not only looks like him (Quick story. A few weeks ago in the church nursery I made a 'mom friend' who was hanging out in there. After awhile of talking she asks, "Does Turner look like his daddy?" I said, "Before I answer, does he look like me?" She just bluntly said, "No." ..I said, "Yes..he looks just like his daddy." :) HA! Loved her honesty-he has my nose!!)
  • Being sweet. He has a very sweet heart and gets his feeling hurt easily. He still loves to nestle his head on my chest and let me hum to him. Some my call this 'bubble boy' but I see it as my sensitive little man.
  • Visiting with his family! As you have noticed with this blog, we our a very tight family and do a lot together. Turner loves seeing and going to visit the whole family tree!
  • Scratching his back. He will sit and just relax while I scratch his back and neck. He loves it! Because I know he loves this, I've actually kept my fingernails nice just for this!
  • Placing any items in a bucket. Yesterday he had a whole bucket full of grass that he picked one by one to get the satisfaction of placing it in the bucket.
  • Singing...well, he loves my singing. He will just sit and listen or dance along. I love how I finally have captured an audience..of one :).
  • Loves following PoPo around and making him nervous. He just wants to be BFF with that little dog!
I LOVE this face...




....the list could go on and on. These were just off the top of my head. As you can see, it's more of the things I LOVE about this little guy than what he loves. It's simple...Turner makes everything and anything lovable and I adore that about him!

Love,
Mum


No comments:

Post a Comment