Tuesday, December 21, 2010

One Santa picture down...AT LEAST 10 more to go

I was told how Christmas is looked at totally different when you start having children, and I now see why! I look back at all my Christmas memories as a kid and I can't WAIT to have those moments with Turner. I cherish all the years with my family at home, and now to think I get to start building wonderful memories for my family of three! I am huge on traditions and simply being with family and friends during the holidays. I am so looking forward to not only this year's Christmas but the many more to come with my Tman!

We went and visited Santa Claus yesterday. Turner said the mall Santa wasn't as good as 'Santi' but he still had fun! The line wasn't too long ( I think we were in line for 20- or so minutes). Shugie and Grandmama joined us! We had fun taking pictures, looking at the white snow, posing in front of the trees, and hanging out with Spiderman and the Incredible. .. Yep! The cutest thing ever! The mom behind me told me that she told her sons that we need to go get dressed up because we are going to see Santa today. Well, in a 4 year old's eyes..that means Halloween costumes of course! She couldn't break it to them, so she was a wonderful mother and let them wear it!

As we approached on being the next one to take our picture with Santa..I have the Grandmas in position, Addison in the spot for our one personal photo and me holding Turner...when I started going towards Santa, he said not yet. Well...minute by minute goes by...Santa gets up and talks to Turner, Superman, and then leans out the fake window to 'talk' (or flirt..whatever you want to call it, Santa) with Shugie and Grandmama..still another minute passes...and he then sits back down. We have small talk..Addison gets in trouble from Santa for taking too many 'personal' photos but he said he would let it pass this time....and then I'm  breaking a sweat trying to keep Turner happy..his shoe falls off..and then FINALLY we sit on Santa's lap! Turner made it at last! He just smiled away..told Santa he wanted nothing but to be a healthy boy and for world peace...I'm telling you that boy makes me prouder and prouder every minute. :) CLICK....15.00 bucks later..we are on our way! One Santa picture down...AT LEAST 10 more to go :).

 These Grandmas are troopers! Standing in line for 30 minutes to see Turner sitting on Santa's lap. Love it!


 "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas"

 ...and we wait (See Spiderman behind us!?!)


He looks so cute in his Christmas outfit that Shugie bought him and his cute red boots! I can't wait for this week! His cousins, Kaitlyn & Kyleigh, are in town for the week, and I can't wait for them to spend some time together. They haven't seen each other since he was 4 months old, and they will think he is a different baby now! I am looking foward to being with my side of the family Christmas Eve and then Addison's Christmas day! Uncle Aaron will be in town and he hasn't seen Turner in a few months, so I know Turner will be excited. I know I will blink and it will be five years from now and Turner will have many, many more cousins to play with and many, many more fun memories to look back upon! I simply love this time of year and am so happy to spend it with such wonderful family and friends. Turner will love his 1st Christmas because he is so blessed to have so many people that love him! (He will also look so cute waking up in matching PJ's with his mommy and daddy to see what Santa brought him; especially since 'Santa' only had a washcloth and a placemat for him at 9:00 last night..can't wait to see what Santa has in store!:)

'Tis the Season!
&
Merry Christmas to everyone!!!
2010

No comments:

Post a Comment