Wednesday, July 28, 2010

He's doing it on purpose

Turner, Turner, Turner... Today he didn't really want take his afternoon nap unless I was holding him. I placed him in his crib and he just cried and cried. I'm really trying to start this week not holding him until he's asleep. (I KNOW bad habit..but as I've said many times the past four months-"rookie mistake". New goal for momma! On a side note, his two other naps today he did beautifully on going to his crip while still awake... 
   Addison walks in and it's 'his turn' while I have my 'free time'. The crying begins...and keeps going because he is now overly tired (Turner not Addison). I then pump in order to have a bottle ready for him. I overhear Addison discussing with his son about what he's doing.. "Turner, you don't even have a reason to cry" - WAAAAA! "Turner, it's so simple. When  you are tired, just fall asleep. You will feel so much better and not be upset" -WAAAAA! "Turner, look you aren't even upset about anything..it's just you are tired." -WAAAA! Turner kept on with these short bursts of wails between Addison's lecture. After the deep conversation about sleep, they walk out to me. Turner begins to cry and then stops and smiles...he loves to do this to us. I said to Addison, "He just smiled at me!" Addison states,  "He's been doing that the entire time he's been crying. He doesn't even want to cry, he's doing it on purpose." Yeah..because that's what he's doing.... He is now getting his bath and going to bed early since he skipped a nap and we have a tired baby on our hands. I think tomorrow I'll try writing out Turner's itinerary for the day and see if he follows it....
Addison just got him out of the bath and said he didn't even want to play this time...all he wanted to do was suck on his hand. Grumpy baby..

Didn't even listen to his bedtime story!

No comments:

Post a Comment