Thursday, July 15, 2010

Seaside

Turner was lucky to visit beautiful Seaside, FL for the first time this past week! We went with Shugie, Aunt Natalie and West, Uncle Aaron and Dannis, and Aunt Lydia and Caul. It was so great to have so many people to hold Turner. He didn't know what to do when we returned and I placed him in his bouncie! He did GREAT on the car ride down there. I was very surprised. Once we got there the fun started! We celebrated 4th of July and he slept through the big fireworks show...yep..he wakes if you drop a fork way in the kitchen when he's in his room, but he will sleep through boom! boom! boom! He relaxed on the beach... :) for a bit and then it was back to the casa. Lydia saved him from the biggest crab I've ever seen! As Shugie said, I went into mom mode! Luckily, it went away. I mean his swimsuit did say 'Pinch Me I'm Cute' with a crab on it!
We went to two restaurants with him for the first time. It took 'team Turner' to keep him under control, giving a little girl the evil eye if she even touches my sleeping baby (that took me 20 minutes outside before dinner arrived) even if her grandmother said it was ok to touch the baby ( ??? ) but I got to eat while Dannis held and rocked Turner! She was the bouncy ball queen! Turner and her would be on a marathon with the bouncy ball. Thank goodness I brought that thing! Everyone helped with bath time...Turner even peed all over Dannis to initiate her into bath fun! Natalie and West stayed with Turner one night so I could go to dinner. It was so relaxing and a wonderful dinner! Uncle Aaron loved strumming his guitar and singing Turner some tunes. Turner really took to West. He thought he was hanging with the big boys in Seaside!
The weather was so beautiful. We took some early morning strolls before it got too hot. He loved strolling around and looking at all the pretty houses. We sported the baby Bjorn through Seaside when I went to get dinner a few times. He loved it all! The best thing was I really saw Turner start 'turning' into his personality. He laughed out loud for the first time the first morning in the hotel. Shugie was in the bathroom and heard while I was just talking to Turner. From then on, that was the mission for the week! There were so many wonderful memories!
His night routine was not too great, so I was glad to get home and get him back to sleeping that long, beautiful 5-6 hour stretch I know and love! Everyone was so nice to 'live' with a 3 month old during their vacation. We all had a blast and wonderful memories! I am looking forward to many more with everyone and Turner going to the beach! I truly appreciate them helping me out since Addison couldn't go. Addison will be there next year! :)
I have so many pictures, so I'm only posting a few to help show what all we did

The best Aunts in the world! Loves their Tman!

My favorite picture...

Turner has quite the expression on his cute little face! Shugie was a trooper in the car with us for 13 hours and driving the entire way! It was great spending time with her!

Loved hanging with the boys. West is explaining to him about Lebron. Turner really thought he was going to stay with his hometown! He was a little upset but he got over it.

Having dinner. Turner was the good baby in the restaurant while other children ran around and screamed. Yes, he knows his table manners. This dinner it was Aaron taking him outside to look at the bear toy store, Dannis taking over to rock him to calm down and take the paci, and then hand off to Natalie to feed the bottle because he started to get fussy, and then I swoop in for the run of holding him and rocking him to sleep. Yes, Team Turner but we made it to dinner! I also had to walk back to the house because I forgot the paci...rookie mistake! :)
LOVE this picture of Aunt Natalie! So pretty!

Devin with her little girl Ava. It was so fun meeting Wade and hanging out on the 4th. Loved the Cookie contest!

Hanging out before the Fireworks..turner resting peacefully in his bed!

Aunt Natalie getting Turner to giggle. He loves sitting with Aunt Lydia like this. Lydia introduced this favorite position to us!

Dannis and Uncle Aaron really helped with Turner. They will be such great parents!

Kickin' it Seaside Style! Thank you to everyone who helped me have a great 1st time at the beach! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment