Sunday, August 1, 2010

Turner is Four Months old!

Happy 4 months to me!
Ok...I get it now. When they say they grow up too fast, it's so true. I can't believe he is already 4 months old! I had a twinge of sadness because he was able to have rice cereal! I didn't think I would be that type of mother who would be emotional with each new phase, but I am. It may be the timing knowing I'm going back to work very soon, but it's true! They truly grow up way too fast!
He had a wonderful birthday! I let him invite a friend over to celebrate his birthday and we had the grandparents over for pizza and a little rice cereal fun.

This is one of my former students, Kaylee. She was so sweet and joined in on his birthday song and played with Turner to celebrate his 4 months!

Some pictures from his 4 month day!
This one melts my heart. I was unsure if Turner would be a 'cuddler' or not...but HE IS!! I LOVE it when he first wakes up and all he wants to do is cuddle on my shoulder and listen to me read him a story.
Having fun with daddy!
I am in LOVE with his feet! I take pictures of them all the time. (Teresa, just read your blog! We both love feet!)

We were told to start introducing rice cereal! The Hill family gave Turner a cute bag with everything he needs to begin his rice cereal adventure.
All I've been hearing since his birth is 'he's going to LOVE his rice cereal' (And as all of us know, we've been depriving our children of rice cereal way too long according to grandparents :).
Well...Turner is not liking it too much...please review:


I put on these massive bibs that were more in the way than helpful..:)
Well..day one he did not like it a bit! We then had Shugie, Grandmama and Grandpapa over so they could witness the rice cereal moment:
MMM...I LOVE rice cereal. PLEASE give me more!
Mommy will make you feel better :)
Good job team!
I have been told so many things with rice cereal: put it in the bottle, don't use water-use water, mix honey in it, make it thicker/thinner, put apple sauce, bananas and the list goes on. In my mind..I just imagined-4 months and he would LOVE rice cereal! Ha! We may begin to use the list of possibilities!

One thing I KNOW he loves (besides his momma:) is his milk! He drinks from the bottle perfectly, so I know the transition when I go back to work will not be a problem. Again, I didn't think I would, but I am really going to miss those feedings :(. I know you are saying I can still feed him before I go to work...but I can't..he nurses SO long, I would never make it!
Shugie spending some time with Turner after his bottle. She got him laughing really loud while hanging out!
Moppy visited and hung out with Turner while I went and saw Beauty and the Beast. I cry every time at that show, but this time I teared up because the little boy who played Chip was so adorable! It made me think how Turner one day will play Chip!
Moppy witnessed another attempt with rice cereal...again not too impressed with it.
She put a little dab on her finger and he did take a few swallows, but then realized what we were doing and the wailing began!

A little stroll around the neighborhood! :)
I've been wanting to take Turner on strolls around the neighborhood, but as you know where we live is not appropriate for a 'stroll' it would be more of a 'roll' down the hill. Addison told me to stroll him down the driveway and back....mmmm...no. I can hardly walk up and down the hill on my own.. We just went round and round the driveway! Turner didn't care and I enjoyed it being close to home since I started sweating 5 minutes into it.
It's been a great four months! He is becoming Turner!
My new favorite thing he does is 'taps' his fingernails on any surface as if we are boring him. It's too cute! It's not so cute when he does it on the plastic saucer toy-hurts my teeth! The rice cereal transition has been so fun! I am ready or it to cool off. It's just been too hot to take him anywhere! Ready for fall!

3 comments:

  1. I can not believe he is 4 months! Ok so I am sure you already know this but I have my opinion on the rice cereal thing. Sounds like you have already gotten a lot of advice but if you want more....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will call you later! I'm always up for advice!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! Jordan HATED rice cereal, WOULD NOT eat it!! So we did the oatmeal cereal and she loved it!!! Good luck!

    Loves !

    ReplyDelete