Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Angel is about to sprout wings...

We have been having some difficulty with the Angel Care Monitor lately. I don't have time to tell the two 'typcial' stories about this..let's just say from my blog postings Turner is not quite the sleeper....and because of little Angel Caring too much, we have woken ..well more like STARTLED him because we run in there... I am about to throw it out the window!

On to happier times! Before I went back to work, we went swimming with the Hill's. It was so fun to watch Jackson! He is quite the little fish and gymnast in the water!
Campbell and Turner got in the water and splashed around a bit.
Jackson LOVED filling up the bucket with water and dumping it out. He is quite the muscle man!
Wearing his sailor hat!

Grandmama is here!
I know how lucky I am to have my mom come to my house to watch Turner. It's such a blessing! He loves spending all day with her. She plays with him all day, reads to him, and does everything a Grandmama would do. One of their favorite things to do is he sits in his swing by the back door and watches the hummingbirds go to the feeder.
This week I went back to work and it was tough just because I've been with Turner for almost five months and I got used to being with him, so I knew what all I would be missing. My mom made it easier because I can still know all about his day. She also says by the looks of how it is in the morning she doesn't ever see how I could get Turner and myself to daycare & work! :) It takes a few weeks to get into the flow..it will be better once actual school starts! I also thank her for picking up my house (not that it's not clean 24/7 :) and doing our laundry...I tell her not to, but she does it anways! Too sweet!
Besides it all, the little things I will miss while working, but know it will be just as good with Grandmama:

1. Singing him 'our' songs
2. Reading him his stories
3. Feeding him and rocking him to sleep
4. Taking him to friends houses to play
5. Taking my 100 pictures a day of him!

Rice Cereal
He is making progress with his rice cereal. I hate how it gets ALL over him! I feel like I'm spending more time wiping it up then it actually getting into his mouth. What's funny is right when I put that heaping spoonful in his mouth, vroom! his hands plop right into his mouth. I have tried having him hold a toy while feeding him-toy is disgusting by the end. I try to hold down his hands..but that becomes a chore while trying to feed him. We then have cereal literally from head to toe. Mommy is not much better. I seem to plop it anywhere but his mouth. He's starting to eat all of it, so that's good.


This week as I went back to work, Poppy had quadruple bypass surgery. Turner (along with the rest of the family) was worried about his Poppy! It was a tough week, but he got to go home yesterday. We are excited because Turner can go see him today! We love you Poppy!
Poppy is the best at feeding Turner! :)

He has discovered his feet the past few weeks! It's fun how he curls up and plays with his feet.


Doing a little light reading in the morning with his cup of coffee.


I am lacking in the picture department! My camera is dead and I can't find my charger :(( that's not good when I need to take my 100 pictures a day between 4:00-8:00 pm ! :)

He is all tuckered out after a day of fun with Grandmama! Mommy is right there with him trying to get back into the 'groove' of everything. Luckily, I just keep thinking of Thanksgiving break! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment