Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Why I love my husband..or should I say Daddy!





With Father's Day around the corner, I thought I would dedicate a blog to Addison!

I love my husband for MANY reasons. I mean he does have to deal with me on a daily basis. I know we all feel his pain, BUT these are just some highlights of things I have loved seeing with Turner.


About once a day Addison reminds me we must strap Turner in because he will slide out if we don't. He gets a little frustrated when T is sliding down and momma is just sitting in front of him playing with him. Addison is all about safety first! He is a boy scout all the way.  I also think I will catch him if he starts falling out--I'm not THAT tired. :)
Are those stuffed ducks hanging from Turner's mobile? I think so! Addison was so excited and Uncle Aaron. Addison and Aaron have been discussing this ..well since he was born. Addison came home with a big grin on his face and then showed me what he bought. When I bought the mobile I knew exactly what he was thinking. Turner loves them and just watches them! They really add to the already deer in the room just not as classy looking.

Bedtime routine. Addison does so good at night with Turner. He loves giving him his bath, feeding him his bottle (especially since Turner is now so good at taking it!). Last night he was challenging Turner to hold his own bottle. He did for a bit. It's such a good routine. Whenever Addison is not around and I have to do it, I get nervous thinking I won't be as good at it. Addison questions what I do and I usually don't make the bathroom warm enough. :) We are going to the beach in a few weeks and I am really nervous about not having daddy around because he does such a great bedtime routine. I am taking the bouncy ball! It's daddy for 11 days :). It was so cute. Last week I told Addison I want to pick a song to sing to T each night so he starts the routine with that song while he is taking his bottle. Addison looked at me like please don't make me sing. I always read him his bedtime book before he goes into the bath, and we all know by 8pm Turner is REALLY tired of hearing me sing to him! A few days ago I heard Addison quietly singing..well more like talking..Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to Turner. I know it wasn't Broadway, but so cute to hear!


Anyone who knows Addison knows he can put things together better than anyone I know. It's kind of a bad thing because I'll admit it, if I get something I'll take two seconds to try and put it together and then just say I can't. I just know Addison will do it so much faster! Since we have gotten all this stuff for Turner, Addison has been dying to get it all out and have T play in it. He got the little toy saucer thing out about three weeks ago. I told him not quite yet honey. He then yesterday had to rip into the Jumper because he couldn't wait any longer! Turner had fun swaying back and forth while the thing swallowed him. Again, another few weeks for this one. :) He did love his bumbo when Addison placed him in it last weekend. I probably will look outside in a few weeks and see Turner on the lawnmower or something!
I love these two guys! Addison is such an incredible husband and an amazing father! I am so happy to have him in my life. Happy Father's Day, Daddy! You make this journey incredible!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet and thoughtful posting! We are truly blessed for wonderful men/husbands in our lives and couldn't survive without them (even though we might say we can)!

    ReplyDelete