Thursday, June 24, 2010

Turner loves his cousins


(Kaitlyn, Kyleigh, and Turner's feet)
and they love him! I can't explain how much these girls adore Turner. Kyleigh really opened up to him more on this trip. It was so funny. Kyleigh would be holding Turner and I told her to talk to him. She looked at me like I was crazy. After a few days she started singing to him. Kailtyn probably would take him home if I let her. She sings, giggles, talks, holds, kisses, hugs Turner about every 3 minutes she's around him. When she was in the pool, she would get out, run over to Turner just to give him a kiss. She wants to carry him like an adult and she does not understand why she can't carry the carseat out to the car. She asks Grandmama at what age she can hold him like we do.  I try to get him to have a really good nap before we go over to see them because he is on stimilus overload once he's with them!

They feed him. After this I picked him up and burped him....he threw up all down my back. Lovely..
Turner loves to throw parties. He threw his cousins a cupcake party! Hayden, Jax, and Campbell joined us! It was fun. They kept asking us when will we be having fun? When will we be playing games? Isn't structured cupcake decorating fun for kids under the age of 4? :)
Ms. Campbell wore her I love my Auntie shirt. Marcy and I love going to each other's houses because we both have what we need for our children!  aka the swing!
This is such a sad picture. You would think they are starving, hurt children looking for a family. They are very healthy loved children, promise!

Laying out by the pool is not what it used to be! :) Turner sat out under his SPF tent (Thanks, Shugie!) in a bouncie and watched the girls splash in the pool. I was SOO hoping it would make him fall asleep being oustide and in the bouncie, but he just loved watching the girls. It does get too hot for him where sweat was forming on his little head. Poor Uncle Beej...must be hard soaking up the sun under a nice umbrella with beer in hand. I got some sun on my shoulders :)

On Wednesday I took the girls for a girls trip while Shugie watched Turner. With me having Turner, I don't get as much time with my girls, so we had a special day. Had lunch at Chick-fil-A, played at Chuck-E-Cheese, and then went to Rick's. I told the girls they could pick anything they wanted as a treat.
Kyleigh picked this...
....
Kaitlyn picked a fruit cup (???) She at least is helping the obesity problem among children! Go Kaitlyn!


The arm around Kyleigh is so natural looking--good idea Grandmama :).


Such a cute pose. It's still pretty sad around here without Quicken. It makes for long, hard days home alone when you've had her here this whole time. Popo I think still looks for her each morning when he runs outside. We miss her so much! I have noticed this week PoPo very protective of both me and Turner. He literally guards us wherever we go.
I got your back, Momma!
I've been noticing a lot of things I've created that makes Turner, well.. Turner! :) I really am a new mother who had (or should I say has) no clue what she's doing. I've really put a lot of energy the past few weeks to get him on track and break habits. He's doing so good! Like always in life...live and learn! I was telling Addison the other day..yes he's not the perfect child that takes 3 big chunk naps during the day and he likes to be held, shush, and a little sensitive about his environment and so forth, but when I look back over the past three months, I have loved every minute. I look back and realize when it was 'time' to start putting him to sleep we were on our second book, singing our songs, and dancing to music. When he had 'passed' his nap, we were relaxing in the chair talking and snuggling....so he may be behind on schedule and sleeping without being rocked, but I've cherished these past few months! I say in my head...if he's still like this when he's sixteen... then we have a problem! :)  I want to soak in as much Turner time because reality hits in August when Momma goes back to work!  

No comments:

Post a Comment