Sunday, January 2, 2011

I Like to Move It, Move It!

He is on the move! It truly happened over night. You are talking about the boy who loved to just lay on his back and watch his girlfriend, Campbell, roll circles around him. He was content on not moving from one place for quite some time...until now. I have never 'wished it away' as many call it on any of his milestones. I have cherished it all and was growing very fond of the whole not moving thing. He has changed SO much over Christmas break! He's been crawling backwards for awhile now and decided to go forward this week. That's what changed it all. We have all been on the move around the house. I have loved my break and we got a lot accomplished at the house to turn it into a home now with a baby :). I feel like I got a break from work and accomplished much, but most of all spent a lot of time with my Tman!
I officially started his scrapbook! I have my office all set up to scrap away! I was a little overwhelmed so to get me started I did digital prints/scrapbook pages...and that was great! It got me going. My goal is to have his first year done by his birthday...( typing this is holding me accountable!) March 30th will be here before we know it...please do not ask for the book unless you see it on the coffee table :)

As we all know, this is my first child :), so I don't know what to say like 'he's a picky eater' or 'he seems to be a happy baby' because I don't have much to compare to. I will think he is doign something so weird and such, but then I'll talk to a friend who has a baby around the same age and it's just normal. I do feel like he's somewhat of a picky eater. He takes awhile to 'like' something, but he will try it. He has started this bad habit of only eating for me during the break. He won't eat for Addison...so that's been fun!

 He has started the 'I'm going to cry when you put me down or walk away from me' thing...but mainly with me.It is funny when he's on the floor playing and I walk by him (we call it 'the fake out') because in his eyes he thinks I'm coming to him, but to only pass him. He stares as I walk by and then starts crying.

Got up too early.
The last day to 'sleep in' and he decides to wake up at 6:00...but we know why...
More teeth! This tooth has been around for quite some time, but it's a good shot. This is his snaggle tooth. He has four on top..he literally is getting his two front teeth after Christmas! They are starting to 'puff' and Mommy is starting to whine...when it comes to teeth I'm the baby. Once those pop out..which will be a few weeks, but the whining/crying will start very soon. The week before break he was teething horribly and I felt so bad for him...he wouldn't fall asleep until 9:00 (usually bed by 7:00-7:30) and fussy. It now seems it's going to start the week I return to work and Addison going out of town. It's like he knows.. :) One a good note, he loves teething rings now! I was so sad because I was excited about putting them in the fridge and having him love to suck on them to soothe the pain, but he hated them until recently. Too much fun for one person ;)

HaPpY NeW YeAr! We are excited to start a full year with Turner! I'm still shocked it's January of 2011 and Turner is 9 months.



 Shugie watched Turner while we went and had dinner with Staci and Steve. I wanted to wake Turner up at midnight to tell him Happy New Year, but Daddy thought that would be a bad idea :).

 Grandmama visited on New Year's Day to wish Turner a good one!

 Back to the movin', movin'.... Like I said, we worked over the break into TURNing our house into a home with a baby now! Turner now has a playroom, the coffee table is replaced with a plush ottoman, and there is more room for Tman to roll and roll or crawl now....but he seems to always find that one 'thing' or 'spot' (As above). I wanted to keep this for some odd reason (even though just YESTERDAY Mom was saying how that needs to be moved.)..but it will be going bye bye. Daddy was cleaning up the humidifier mess and I was getting laundry out of the dryer..when I came out..this is what Turner was doing. He propped himself up so he could watch Daddy work. He was just sitting up smiling and watching..not touching anything..yet. I decided it would be a great photo opportunity.
 Our morning routine (when I'm on break). Turner has been waking up around 700-800 these past few weeks! We've been able to sleep in! After his bottle he plays for a good hour either on the floor or in his jumparoo. He loves this tower I bought him awhile back. He bangs, he carries, he puts it in his mouth...We then have rice cereal around 830...nap at 900!
 We angled his activity table for now because he is starting to lift himself up, but it slides and he goes face down in the carpet. He loves playing all the different sounds. He thinks he's up to something fun when he flips the book about 20 times in a row!
 He loves his socks! These PJs don't have footies...we had a 'mess' this morning, so I changed him in these. He has been turning into a messy baby when before he seemed to stay so clean! Anways, I love him in socks..I know these don't match..but they were just to keep his footsies warm.
We keep the blanket down in hopes it will catch his messes...we FINALLY switched to a fast nipple..and he seems to spit up more when before he never did..so stains on the carpet are no fun.
 Crawling forward in action. With all his 'new' things he's doing, I sit back and watch to see exactly what he is capable of. I try not to 'jump' at the first thing..others think differently, but I truly don't. Anyone who knows me, knows I worry about anyone getting hurt--birthday parties...bounce houses..all make me really nervous--poor Turner he will be having coloring pages, read alouds and sing songs for his birthday parties :). I know, I know...all about it's going to happen..and all, but I still try to watch closely just in case.
One thing we have been observing is when he finds something on the floor...(which again I vaccuum more now than ever before!-Trish would be so proud!) we have watched him and AS OF RIGHT NOW what he does is just holds it. Doesn't attempt to do anything with it except hold it. He's trying to be sneaky. 
 With all our new 'arrangements' PoPo has been placed in the back corner. As you can see, he has not gone without his own toys. What PoPo loves to do his bring out one toy at a time and  pretty much make  a circle around Turner with them...like to prove he has toys, too. Turner loves watching PoPo fetch his toys..PoPo made a point one time to run and it looked like he stopped to bump Turner's head with his backside..so rude! Turner just laughed and PoPo ran after the toy. Turner of course wants to go to all of these toys..so we are constantly picking them all up. I know the easiest thing would be to get rid of all of them...or at least most of them...but I still want to make my PoPo feel special! :) We did take his blanket/toys out of the living room entirely for a few days...but PoPo was more annoying, so we brought it back out.

Had a playdate with our friends Jevin & Momma Karen! They are only 2 1/2 weeks apart, so it's so fun to get them together to see what they each have been up to!
 They are doing a lot of similar 'noises' and movements--as in pulling and yanking at hair and skin! Turner last night scratched my eyeball...and it was burning...it hurt.
 Jevin showing Turner his new toys! He was so good sharing with Turner
 With us both being teachers, it's great to talk about 'balancing' it all! We had fun and looking foward to the next time we get together!

 Turner has started giving really slobbery kisses..I mean one time my whole left side of my face was soaked because of his 'kisses' but it's the cutest thing! He has been loving to dance! I'll pick a fun song on my Ipod and we will dance! He will then laugh and Momma will not only smile but get a good workout! :)

I start back to work tomorrow..and need to go grade, but I'm cherishing still being in my PJs, Tman taking his nap, and me blogging because it's my favorite thing to do!

He is on the move--
We are in for a ride, but it's a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment