Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Paint is Dry!

Before discussing the paint, over the holidays Addison and I officially decided on the entire name. We are going with Turner Dean Seifritz! I am SO proud of myself for actually making this decision so early. I truly thought he would be about a week old and still not have a name. It has to be the biggest decision. I told Addison I'm going to give the name to my 6th graders and have them come up with anything possible they could think of to be mean--I know the kids already like Turner because there is a Turner in the other pod and he is perfect. I told my students I'm going to follow him around so I can see how a 'Turner' acts. They just laughed.

So! Introducing Turner Dean Seifritz's bedroom!!

The paint is dry! I first have to thank my wonderful husband for taking the two days and numerous hours to do this. He was a trooper and it looks amazing! I was there to support him and bought him oreos, triscuits, and salt and vinegar chips for a little thank you. :) (oh..and I took pictures!)


We started with a flat blue that covered the entire room. I was really surprised I went the route of a 'true' blue for his room, but I truly love it! I know it won't be long before he goes from my baby blue to mmm...let's see green, brown, orange otherwise known as camouflage. :)

Addison started with a huge smile and rearing to go attitude!


Then there came the stripes. We had some issues with the leveler so he had to make trips to Home Depot a few times, but then he was on a 'roll'! This was the most time consuming part and Addison still kept a great attitude. The best part is he did it the correct way. If I did it, it would look NOTHING like this and I would be in tears at some point.



Painting the semi-gloss stripe! As he was doing this I just prayed there would be a difference for it to all be worth it in the end.

Ta Da! I hope you can tell in the pictures, but it looks really good.


Happy camper to be done! Those are the two balls of tape he consumed from the project.

I was so happy with it and can't wait to decorate! All the bedding and curtains are getting made and can't wait to see it all put together! Yeah!!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! Great job addison, husband of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katy it looks so good! Can't wait to see the finished product (in person)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a good idea! awesome!

    I love the name too!!!

    ReplyDelete