Monday, October 12, 2009

What a day!

We had our monthly appointment today and had some wonderful news. First, my Dr. Candy Birch and the nurses are so nice! I scramble behind the school buses to fly to my appointment by 3:15 all the while knowing I forgot to bring something. After doing the 'monthly' sample--I am not sure why a pencil is sitting by the cup, so I just put an S. I feel like that is not what I needed to do. As I approach the nurse's station, I know my question sounds stupid. "I saw a pencil by my cup. Was I suppose to do something with it?" The nurses giggle and I quickly say, "I'm guessing to put my name on it, so I put an S--not that would help any since I'm not the only one here." They just say I didn't need to do a thing. I then go back to the room and soon after I hear the toilet flush. I look at Addison and whisper, "I think I forgot to flush." Addison gives me that 'look' :). ( I of course later saw the nurse and asked her--she again just laughed--I have a feeling they will know me REAL well by the end of all this :)

Well Dr. Birch was so nice! We didn't have it planned to find out today, but she said let's go take a look to see if we can find out. I couldn't wait!!

The pictures really show it's a boy! I then cried and went into a therapy session on how I have been so stressed lately with work and grading and this just makes it all go away! Dr. Birch just smiled and was happy for us.

Addison was speechless and I could see the fishing boat and deer stand gazing into his eyes. It is so much fun. I am just happy to know my mother's instinct is on the right path--;)

1 comment:

  1. Katy~ CONGRATS! Boys rock! and i hear they are easier so i think that is why some of us get them first :) Dr Birch was my doctor as well and I LOVED her!

    ReplyDelete