Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Hula Hoop of a Week!

Last Saturday we went and visited Moppy & Poppy up in Centerton. Turner took a late/good nap, so we thought he would stay up a little later for our trip. We had a good hour, but then 7:00 and he was ready for bed! He runs a tight ship, but he had fun showing Moppy & Poppy all his new tricks! He was going to have his first sleepover with them on Friday night, but he got sick ;(. I was so excited for them to want to keep him for the night! We are going to try again in the next couple of weeks. It will look like he's moved in for a year..but like Moppy & Poppy said, "I'm so excited and can't wait!"






 Happy 11 Months to me!
His last month to celebrate, and he didn't get to celebrate on his actual day because there was not a 30! We celebrated on March 1st--it didn't seem to bother him that much :).

Grandmama took him shopping and then we had a picnic when I got home. Grandmama is so much fun! She has found her calling and is wonderful with Turner. Everyday they have something planned and he is learning so much from her.
 She should  have her own blog because with how much time she spends with Tman and what all they do, she would probably have better stories to tell than I would. I love how when I get home, the first thing I do is call my mom to ask what all they did. She has the funniest stories about who she meets, how Turner interacted with someone or something & so forth. (If you know my mom, she has never met a stranger!)

 He is showing me is favorite book while I eat my lunch and his hair blows in the wind.
 BIG bite! Just kidding..he did get some bread though :)
 Then  we went swinging!! He loves his swing and has been staring at it during all these cold months.

 This is one of those things where I'm curious to know if it's 'typical' or just Turner. He loves his shoes and socks. He can have a room filled with toys and he goes straight to his shoes. He then proceeds to put them in his mouth, which last about .5 seconds because all I can think of are all those germs or crawls around with one in his hand!
 He loves baby naked time. This was not really during our usual baby naked time..this was me trying to get his 11 month picture..by myself. It didn't go over so well.

 The shoes and now the socks are coming off.
 Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
We celebrated a day early, but Grandmama took him to Barnes & Noble to buy a new book on Read Across America Day!
 Touch decision on which book to choose..mmm...



 I decided to buy him some hula hoops because I love to hula hoop! He had fun watching them 'roll' down the hall. He liked to shake them, too.

 Trimming his nails have been quite a chore. Daddy can't stand when they get a wee bit long! It's so funny how many comments a week I hear about his nails. He attempts to clip them each day..and then by the end of the week, it's back to the first ones. Vicious cycle.
Daddy was out of town again this week. It makes for rough weeks, but Turner is such a good little guy for me! Shugie and Aunt Lydia hung out with the Tman while I had dinner with Marcy & Rachel for her 30th! Right before Shugie came over Turner slipped and banged his forehead pretty bad! I felt bad, but he was a good boy for them-thank you for watching him! :).
He loves his bath. My mom took these cute pictures of him in his robe. He hasn't been feeling all that hot this week...all weekend he's been fighting a fever. He's been lucky and hasn't gotten sick that much, so when he did Mommy & Daddy were in unknown territory.
Funny story. Aunt Nat watched him on Monday & told me he  had horrible poopies all day. She had to leave to go to a senior education thing. He then had one of his poopies..and it's bad..like nothing I've seen. So, as Aunt Nat is trying to concentrate on her education..I'm texting away asking all these questions about his poops..what he ate..how he felt..worried Momma here..and..she's so great!


 I did have a moment. Below I made Addison take a picture from Friday night. This was before I was vomited on, but he was bawling and just wanted me. I had momma guilt because I had to work on Saturday, so I again wouldn't be able to be with Turner. Grandmama couldn't stand it either--she came over and checked on him!
Anyways, back to my moment. He then curled up like this and fell asleep. Addison walked over and said, "You need to wake him up so we can feed him. Don't let him fall asleep." I said, "Just a few more minutes. He hasn't slept like this since he was about four months old..and I want to have this time." Of course Addison looked at me..took the picture like I asked because it has been hard lately knowing he's turning one and I just wanted a second like he was a 'baby' again..because like everyone says..it flies by.
 Gobs of drool are coming out of his mouth this week..so more teeth are coming in! He loves this teething sack. I usually put a cold carrot and he just chews away.
 Even though he has been sick and not able to go anywhere this weekend, he's still been all smiles!
Rub-a-dub-dub..3 more weeks and I turn one!


No comments:

Post a Comment