Sunday, October 3, 2010

Turner's Baptism

Today was Turner's Baptism at Trinity United Methodist church. It was such a special day. What made it so special was as we were standing up there, I just kept thinking about how many of our family and friends were standing behind us for Turner. It's something I will remember forever. Life is so busy and they all took time out of their day to be there for Turner. (Lydia and Caul trucked it from a wedding in Texarkana this morning & the Hill family made it back from Little Rock about 2 am to even be there--!)  He was so good througout the entire service. Brother Terry did a wonderful job on making us understand the importance behind him being baptized and how we all play an important role in Turner's walk with God. Loved every moment! Shugie then invited us all for a wonderful luncheon! She made things so pretty and it was great to just spend a moment or two with everyone before the busy week begins. I love, love getting both sides of the family together because Addison and I love being part of such a great family and surrounded by wonderful friends!

Here are the highlights of today!

Here's the crew! This is the church I grew up in so that made it extra special.

Jackson trying to share his pencils with Turner! Always thinking of others!


A little favorite moment was how Brother Terry and I matched our outfits. It made the 3 hours of shopping to find the perfect dress worthwhile so it all would look good in the pictures! Addison and Turner with their touch of blue and Brother Terry and I with our touch of purple! Couldn't be any more perfect! :)

It was so cute because Turner just stared at Brother Terry talking like he was understanding everything he was saying.

Moppy bought Turner this really sweet cloth for Brother Terry to wipe him afterwards. It has his name on it.


He walked him up and down the aisle talking about the purpose of this. When he got back to us, I held him up and said, "And he loves you all!" Pointing to all the family behind us :) I felt like I should say something--we didn't rehearse that but I felt it, so I said it. :)

In this picture:
Gigi, Grandpapa, Aunt Roni, Grandmama, Moppy, Poppy, Nanny, Grandma Sue, Daddy, Shugie, Mommy, Uncle Caul, Aunt Lydia, Marcy, Campbell, Cameron, Jackson, Aunt Natalie, and Uncle West!...oh and TURNER
 My favorite was in the main picture on the top, Campbell and Turner were just staring at each other.



He had little crosses on his socks

I promise, Grandmama, I will be good in church.

He was very excited about the luncheon!


Jackson found a lot of candy at Shugies' house!

Ms. Campbell took her nap!

and of course Turner did, too thanks to Aunt Nat! :)

The Hill family! Jackson had on the cutest tie and Campbell's tights were pretty adorable!

Natalie bought him this sweet little blue bible. I am going to cherish it! Almost made me cry, Nat! I think I did more crying today. :)  


Moppy talking with Campbell and Jackson!


The beautiful table setting!

Uncle Beej was there to see Turner get baptized at his childhood church, too! He missed the big picture because he had to go run and do something for work.




Kate and Lydia hanging out discussing Kate's baby room. She's expecting a little boy! We love our boys! Terry was there and got Turner the CUTEST books! They are going to be Turner's readings for the week.



Shugie was hostessing so we didn't get the best picture. I am going to have both of them wear the same outfits (they haven't been told this yet :) and get a picture! She's the hostess with the mostess!


Thank you for such a special day!
Love, Turner

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for letting us be apart of this special day for turner! We will always remember this special ceremony. These are some great pictures of everyone.

    ReplyDelete