Monday, May 9, 2011

"Motherhood: All love begins and ends there"-Browning

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh




                                                
My special gift from Turner on Mother's Day. He made this at school on Friday. It was my first work from school, but his second art work to say Happy Mother's Day (Thank you Grandmama) and I was super excited!!

This was this morning...7:15..haven't had my coffee...very tired..but loving the day with Turner. Turner decided to bless me with high pitch screaming and talking while I was to be 'sleeping in' for a solid hour. He was just not understanding why I wasn't up playing with him on the day he made happen! :)
Addison was sweet and had breakfast, flowers, and coffee brewed before I could even wake up fully. We had blueberry pancakes and bacon. It was a great morning to just spend with my boys.

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." -Lincoln

 Presto! I'm looking fresh and oh so clean. That's what I'm talking about on being a mother! :)

Loves Aunt Natalie.
They came over to spend Saturday evening with Debbie. She got a great kiss from Turner! He's so sweet.

"A mother's heart is as big as the World!"

 Going on a ride with Moppy!
I was so glad to see Moppy over Mother's Day weekend! She adores Turner! She's such a wonderful person, friend, and momma!
 This is Debbie's friend Kennedy. She is precious and I wish she lived closer because I would have her hanging out at my house all the time! She loved me taking pictures of her.
"A mother is someone who can take the place of everyone else, but no one in the world can take her place"

 Oh, good Mom! Another picture...great...
Mother's Day family portrait..and Turner decides to act his best :)
 Celebrated with my moms after church. We had lunch at The Grill and then to Grandmama's for some outside fun!
Aunt Roni enjoying the day with us!! Roni has the biggest heart and is always there when I need her! Turner loves her. He stares at her from across the room and just big smiles!

"Grace was my mother's steps, heaven was in her eyes, in every gesture dignity and love."

 I love my momma! We are two peas in a pod! I don't think there's a day I don't talk to her (and I know she watches Turner, but I am always gone before she gets there and home after she leaves unless Addison is out of town) If you look, we have the exact same smile..and sense of humor!
 He loves all the jungle gyms (Which I'm about to steal to bring to my house:)
He loves going up and down the slides.


"If at first you don't succeed; do it the way your Mother told you to."
 Peek-A-Boo, I LOVE you!
 Ok, Mom..I'll be good and pose just this once.
 Loved hanging with Uncle Beej! They've been really good buds lately on helping with his new house. I know Turner can't wait to have a sleepover!
We then were off to Shugie's after his afternoon nap!
I am very blessed to have such a wonderful mother-in-law! Shugie is always looking out for us and there when I need her. I love all the memories we have shared!
He was right on his afternoon roll laughing and hanging with Shugie, Aunt Natalie, and West.

 Turner and I watched Shugie cut some of her beautiful roses.
 Turner loved smelling them

""As a mother, my job is to take care of the possible and trust God with the impossible." -Ruth Bell Graham
 Oh, Daddy..all the hard work we've done to make Mother's Day special. I LOVE my boys!
 Momma Shugie, Addison and Turner... who looks simply pitiful again for a Mother's day photo opt
 We then let him climb the stairs a few times! I went with him the first time and he would stop every so often step and look back and look so proud. Shugie has a gate, so we let him get his fix before we closed shop and will never see stairs again :).
 Loves playing with her vents. He sits directly on top of it and let's the cool air drift up! He will sit and look out the window and talk away. He then carries the plastic part around the house. The simple toys.

"No matter how old a mother is, her children will always be her babies."

 Aunt Natalie was sweet and made dinner for us all! West helped in the kitchen. Turner loved Aunt Natalie's peaches! Thank you Natalie for a wonderful dinner and being so sweet!
 Uncle Aaron got back in town to spend time with the family! Tman loved seeing his Uncle Aaron. So much he really wanted to share all of his food with him!


 I've not only had an incredible mother that raised me, I also am surrounded by wonderful women that are great examples of what Mother's Day stands for. I thank all of them for everything they do for me and especially Turner. I am so proud to be in their category now as a mother.

"If I could choose from all the mothers in the world, Mom, I'd choose you."
This little man is not only why I'm a proud mother today, but each morning I wake up and each night I rock him to sleep I celebrate being a mother. This day is just a moment to pause and be grateful I've been blessed with a healthy boy, Turner Dean.  

"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." - Sophia Loren




Mother's Day 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment